Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chicken Fingers With Lemon Sauce

I tried a new recipe out of a friend's magazine tonight and it was so good, even though I messed up the sauce a little. My boys were distracting me and I ended up adding too much chicken broth, but it still tasted good - it was just runnier than it should be.

My husband's first comment was, "Are you going to make this again?" "Do you want me to?" "Yeah ......" He really liked it. It's not too difficult either!

So here it is.

1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd (I found it next to the jams and jellies)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Vegetable oil for frying

In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce, and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.

In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.

In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375. Fry chicken a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce.

Yield: 4 servings (1 1/4 cups sauce).

Lucky for us, the kids didn't want any! :-D

No comments: