Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Banana Bread

This is the best banana bread I've ever made. Thanks again, allrecipes:) I added topping and it was wonderful (and easy for picky husbands who hate nuts to pick off).
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx

2 C Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 C mashed banana (I used 4 bananas, but lots of people used 5)

Prehead oven 350. Grease 9x5 bread pan. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Cream butter and sugar (I cheated and did mine in the kitchenaid, worked great). "Stir" in eggs and then banana. "Stir" in flour gradually just until mixed. Pour into pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Then turn out on rack.

Topping

1/4 C brown sugar
3 T Flour
2 T Butter
1/3 C chopped Walnuts.

I just mixed this together with a fork until it formed crumbs and I dumped it onto the bread 30 minutes into cooking. I still had to cover it with tin foil at the end to keep it from burning, so probably 15 min would do it!

No comments: