Friday, January 04, 2008

Company Chicken

I got this one from a church cookbook, tried it last week, and I fell in love!

Company Chicken

8 to 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Flour
Salt and pepper
Butter
Fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 lbs. sliced mushrooms
2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese

Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Pound flat between plastic wrap or in a large ziploc bag (this was fun because I took my aggressions out on it). Coat with flour, shaking off excess then season with salt and pepper. Saute in butter (I used about half a cube and ended up adding a little more for the mushrooms) in a skillet until golden brown and cooked through, drizzling each side with lemon juice. Remove to a baking dish. Saute the mushrooms in the drippings in the skillet then pour over the chicken. Pour cream over chicken and sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley.

It is so good. I think the lemon really makes the dish. 5 stars!

No comments: