Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Crock Pot Mushroom and Beef Stew

I haven't posted a recipe for a very long time. Thanks to all who have kept up! WOW! Anyway. I just got dinner in the crock pot and I have no idea how this recipe will turn out, but I wanted to post it up before I forget, in case I like it. SO don't try it until I update the results tonight!

1 pound cubed stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg brown gravy (the recipe I was following called for onion soup, I improvised)
1/2 cup water
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms (recipe said 2 4oz cans, drained)
1/2 onion finely chopped
3/4 cup roughly chopped carrots
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Season All
1 tsp pepper

Put everything in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours (well, I'll be on high for a couple hours, then switch over to low until family is hungry tonight). Serve over hot egg noodles.

No comments: