Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mystery Recipe: Sumptuous Pork Chop Delight

Sometimes I write down a quick list of ingredients, some cryptic instructions and fill a scrap of paper away in my overflowing ancient recipe box. Here's an example of what wonders lay hidden:

1 pkg. herb and onion stuffing
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8-10 pork chops (though I can't imagine I'd ever cook more than 4 at a time ... maybe it I froze them?!)
1/2 can milk (arggg - i detest recipes that call for half a can ... the other half is just wasted. I bet regular milk or whole, or even sour cream would work ... but no, i have to stick to the recipe so as not to accidentally kill my family)

Prepare stuffing according to directions on box - put in a 9x13 baking dish.
Brown chops.
Bake 350. 1 hour.

That's all I've got. Hope it works. I might suggest adding a bit of seasoning to the chops. Not sure when the milk and soup come in, but I would wager to guess after the chicken, before the stuffing, combined. And I would call this magnificent conglomeration of normalcy ... Sumptuous Pork Chop Delight.

(spell check was off, sorry!)

No comments: