Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lunch TOday - Tuna and Noodles

I know it's supposed to be what's for dinner, but I just had a yummy little simple lunch and it's nothing amazing or gourmet, but lately easy, quick, and healthy have been perfect. I'm not even sure if this counts as a recipe, but sometimes just the idea of combining everyday stuff helps me out. So here you go:

6-12 oz bag of pasta; however hungry you are (I used wide egg noodles)
1-2 cans tuna, drained
2-3 tbs butter
1+ cup shredded cheese (we used mozerella)
salt and pepper

Boil water and add noodles, cook to al dente, drain. Return noodles to hot pot, melt butter and cheese in with noodles. Add tuna (I have a 2 and 5 yr old, so I had to keep the tuna and noodles separate for them), salt and pepper and enjoy. I recommend serving with fresh veggies and/or apples. It's a lot like Tuna Casserole, but without the added sauce you save about 100 calories and my kids only eat regular Tuna Casserole every 3rd time if I'm lucky. BUT even my newly picky 5 yr old said this was good food.

No comments: