Monday, January 07, 2008

Two Easy Meatball Recipes

I fell in love with Costco meatballs when I was three days overdue with my second son. After weeks with no appetite, there was a heavenly smell at my friends wedding reception and I followed the scent to some BBQ meatballs. They really hit the spot! But I was a tired pregnant mom and there was no way I could duplicate this delicious recipe. Or so I thought.

I asked the mother of the groom if I could please have the recipe. She said, "Ohhhhhhhh ... All right. Costco meatballs..."

"Uh huh ..."

"And Bullseye BBQ sauce."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

I felt like I had hit the recipe jackpot! A delicious and easy recipe! These are really more of an appetizer food, but no one in my family objects when I include them as a dinner food. Just follow the instructions on the package, pour on a good coating of sauce, and bake them in the oven. They are so good!

Looking through a cookbook my sister gave me, there is a recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs. There are detailed directions as to how to form your own meatballs, but who wants to do that? I just used the sauce portion with some Costco meatballs and cooked them in the same fashion, served them over rice, and we had a broccoli cauliflower mix on the side for dinner tonight.

So here is the sweet and sour sauce. I imagine it has many uses.

1/2 cup brown sugar (I used honey instead to taste)
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Stir it and pour it over some meatballs. Depending on your preference, you might want to double the sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments: