Thursday, September 06, 2007

Pumpkin Roll

I'm on a roll, lol! I can't beleive I haven't posted this one yet. Well, here we are in time for fall.

3 eggs
1 C sugar
2/3 C pumpkin puree
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
8 oz cream cheese
4 Tbsp butter
1 C powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven 350. Grease and flour 10x15 in jelly roll pan (or I make do with whatever other pan I have:).

In large mixing bowl: beat eggs, sugar on high 5 min. Mix in pumpin (I'm usually generous on the pumpkin puree portion) and lemon.

In another bowl combine flour, baking pdr, salt, cinn, ginger (I am very generous with my spices I usually sprinkle in some pre-mixed pumpkin spice too). Stir into pumpkin mix.

Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle pecans (optional, I never have pecans:)

Bake 12-15 min. until springy. Turn out on powder sugar dusted towels (one for the top, one for the bottom). Roll warm bread up in the towels to keep it from sticking to itself and help it keep the rolled shape while you prepare the filling. Cool 20 min.

In a small mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla.
Unroll the bread and fill with cream cheese mixture. Roll again and wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate. Serve chilled.

1 comment:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

ohmigosh, a million thank yous!!! Greg loves pumpkin pie, i despise it, i'll make it but don't expect me to taste it .. but pumpkin rolls ... you'd be insane not to love them! Thanks!!! and thanks for all the posts, you get a big gold star!!!