Thursday, September 21, 2006

Baked Penne Pasta

JLynn Bailey shared this recipe at a wedding shower and it sounded so easy I made it the next evening. It's been a favorite ever since! You can play with the quantities until you have your own version, here's a guesstimate of what I do with it.
1/2 pound good dry pasta
1 can Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce (the only brand we buy)
1/2 pound hot italian sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
Cook the pasta in salted water. Brown the sausage (or ground beef) add the onions and peppers (I always start with frozen meat, if you have thawed meat it would be better to saute the onions and peppers first, then add meat). Stir in spaghetti sauce and cooked pasta. Top with a whole lot of mozzarella cheese (normal people would probably use about a cup and a half, we use most of a pound). I usually stir in a bag of chopped, frozen spinach too. Bake until your cheese is good and bubbly... usually 20-40 minutes depending on how much cheese you use and how hot the mixture was when you placed it in the oven.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I cannot hit the return button to form a new paragraph or a list like Katie's shopping list. The only way I get a new line is to use the quote thingys at the top of the post box. Can someone please help me?! Thanks!

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Not sure ... have you tried composing in Word and then copy and pasting onto the blog composition place? If your computer is being tempermental, that might be easier

Janet said...

I'll try that. I had this problem with the first post I did on the other blog, but after that it worked fine.

lenabell said...

oh my gosh, that sounds so good! so, what kind of sausage do you use? we're so having this next week!