Thursday, September 21, 2006

Grandma Canfield's Hamburger Stroganoff

This has been a quick hamburger stand-by in our family for longer than I've been around. Grandma actually measures everything, so this recipe is much different from any coming from my kitchen. I hate washing dishes and that includes measuring spoons and cups. Of course, grandma can make the same dish several times and have it taste the same every time... that's not a guarantee I can make about anything coming out of my kitchen.

1/2 cup minced onion

1 pound ground beef

garlic salt

2 Tbsp flour

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp paprika

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup sour cream

Saute (can't find the accent mark) onions until golden. Stir in beef and cook until browned. Stir in flour and seasonings and saute 5 minutes. Add soup and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Heat 10 minutes. Serve over toast, rice or noodles.

No comments: