Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Coconut-Chicken Curry

I thought I'd share what I'm planning on cooking tomorrow. This is a recipe I just recently got but I love it!! It's soo easy.

1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs (I actually use breasts) cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup (or less if you don't like things as spicy) red curry paste***
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion coarsly chopped
1 1/4 cup fresh coconut milk or (what I use) one 13.5 oz can unsweetened or reduced fat coconut milk
1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots or 3 carrots thinly sliced

***be careful while cooking because this does stain!

In a bowl combine chicken and curry paste, let stand at room temp for 30 minutes.

Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion and chicken mixture. Cook about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.

Remove Chicken from skillet. Carefully add coconut milk to skillet, scraping up the crusty bits. Add carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid thickens slightly. Serve over rice.

No comments: