Monday, September 25, 2006

Pork Chops and Peaches

I thought I'd post now what I'll be making tomorrow because my husband has been asking for this. Actually I've been meaning to but I keep forgetting until it's too late to get it in the crockpot. So I figured if I posted it then I'd have a better chance of remembering. It's working so far I even got pork chops out of the freezer and into the fridge to be ready!

5-6 pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 - 8oz can tomato sauce
1 - 29 oz can cling peach halves
1/4 cup vinegar
salt and pepper

Brown pork chops in a skillet before arranging in the crockpot. (I have to admit that I have also just thrown them in without browning and there isn't much different) Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except the peaches. Add 1/4 cup of the peach syrup to the brown sugar mixture. Finish draining peaches, and place them over the chops. Pour the brown sugar mixture over all.
Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours

2 comments:

Janet said...

Once upon a time someone nagged me until I made this dish. It's very good. In fact it's one of my grandmother's favorites to make in her own underutilised crockpot. :-)

Sarah said...

That sounds awesome! I'm going to try it.