Monday, September 25, 2006

THE BEST ROLLS EVER

Katie gave me her mom's bread machine roll recipe and I have been collecting compliments off it ever since. With soups, roasts, just about anything, who wouldn't LOVE some hot fresh rolls?! On Sunday, I throw all the ingredients in the bread machine and set the timer so they are perfectly proofed when I get home, 10 minutes of work, endless familial gratitude!

1 egg
1 cup + 5 TBS warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
2 tsp yeast

Put in the bread machine in that order, mix on dough mode (oh, how I love my bread machine, I could never make bread products without it!). When done, pound into rolls (you can make 12 big babies in a 9X13 or 16ish more normal sized ones on a cookie sheet), flip-flop then in some melted butter. Cover with some plastic wrap and let rise to about double in size (1/2 hour or so - speed up the process by putting them in a cold oven with a bowl of hot water under them). Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. I slather more butter on top when they come out. The thought of these is making my mouth water. They are SO good and SO easy! My eternal gratitude Aunt Pat!!!

No comments: