Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Brandy's favorite cookie recipes

These are two freaking awesome cookie bar recipes. I used to be all about the 50/50 chance that my cookies would work or would spread into a mass of grossness. NOW I just make one of these bar recipes and we eat like kings ... big, fat kings.

Little t mean teaspoon. A big T would mean tablespoon, I got lazy when typing this and thought perhaps I should clarify, just in case.

Super Amazing Peanut Butter Cookie Bars From Heaven

2 C flour
2 C oats
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 t soda
1 t salt
1 C butter (soft)
2/3 C peanut butter
2 eggs
1 bag chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate bestest)

Cream together butter and sugars. Mix in peanut butter. Blend in eggs. In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, soda). Beat dry stuff into creamy stuff. Press into pan (2-9X13s or 1 big old cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 (toothpick test). Melt chocolate chips (you can use 3 cups chips or 2 cups chips and 2/3 cup peanut butter (I use the peanut butter)) and frost the cookies with melted chocolate happiness. Refridgerate for a while to solidify things faster.

Almond Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (aka Kristi's To Die For Cookie Bars)

2 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 C dark brown sugar (or regular brown)
1 C butter (soft)
1 large egg
2 t vanilla
1 C chopped nuts (almonds are the best, toast them a bit in the oven first)
1 1/2 C chocolate chips (I once went with half white half semi-sweet)

Combine flour and soda, set aside. Cream together sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until light and smooth. Add flour, nuts, and chocolate chips, do not over mix. Kristi puts it in an 8X8 which make very thick bars, I prefer a 9X13, and I bet a cookie sheet would work too. Bake at 300 for 35-45 in the 8X8, 25-30 in the 9X13 and I haven't tried a cookie sheet, so guess. Use the tooth pick test and you want it to be a little doughy in the middle, but not too much and not too dry.

No comments: