Monday, October 09, 2006

Pot Roast Ideas

Hi, sorry I haven't added anything but I've been quilting and sewing, which at my house means I don't really cook. So I decided I owed my family a good meal.

My Aunt gave me these variations for roast, the first is how I do it, but I'll also list her other ideas. I love these recipes since I can just stick the roast in the oven frozen.


Version 1

1 frozen roast (either pork or beef work)
1 quartered onion
1 can soda (I have even used sprite and root beer on pork roasts)
Seasonings to taste (bayleaf, pepper, etc)

Bake st 350 degrees for 4 hours. I add potatoes and carrots for the last 40-30 minutes.


Version 2 (makes it's own gravy)

1 frozen pot roast
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1-2 cans cream soup (depends on the size of your roast)

Bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours


Version 3 (makes it's own gravy also)

1 frozen pot roast
1 package lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
can of soda

Bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours

3 comments:

Amy said...

See I told you sewing and cooking do not mix, I got busy making christmas gifts and forgot to put the roast in, guess we're having something else. I'll try again tomorrow!

Janet said...

We had roast yesterday after talking with you. Thanks for getting me in gear at least!

Amy said...

Glad it helped someone!