Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sam's Salmon

We make this for Sam's birthday every year. It's so easy we also make it whenever we crave fish and don't have much time to make dinner. Even counting thawing the fish we can make dinner in half an hour. I really like the flash frozen fillets you can buy at Costco. That way you have individual servings and can keep the fish on hand all the time.
Salmon fillets (or steaks)
Butter
Johnny's Salad Elegance Seasoning
Lemon Pepper
Place a pat of butter on each fillet. Sprinkle liberally with Salad Elegance and lemon pepper. I make a tray out of foil with turned up sides to hold the extra butter when we grill the fish. This also keeps the salmon from sticking to the grill. Dave soaks wood chips while I'm thawing the fish and puts them on the grill. We mostly close the vents on the grill so that the fish cooks slowly and gets a wonderful smoky flavor. It's done when the fish flakes. I also make this in the oven when I'm too lazy to grill. It doesn't get the smoked flavor but is still exceptional. I place the fish in a casserole dish and bake it at about 375 degrees.

No comments: