Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chicken Salad

For lunch today we used last night's leftover roasted chicken and made chicken salad. I love to experiment and when I like the end result I try to write down what went into the mix. Usually I jot notes in my cookbook binder, but today I thought I'd try using our blog instead. Sorry the amounts are so general but I usually just add however much looks good at the time.
1/2 roasted chicken (I sprinkled it with Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash prior to roasting)
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 chopped red pepper
1 small apple, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
mayonaise
chopped pecans
Mix the ingredients in any order you wish. Toss with mayonaise. Sprinkle salt and sage in to suit your individual taste. Garnish with lettuce and extra apple slices. I think grapes would be good in here too, but we're out!

No comments: